Chakras & Essential Oils
Essential Oils and Chakras
Most of us who have taken a yoga class or listened in or been part of any new age spiritual conversation know that the word chakra is thrown around quite a bit. “Your chakras are so open!” or “My heart chakra feels dull” or “Her chakra needs some cowbell” Some of us will quietly nod thinking, I must Google that when I get home and then we never do.
What is a Chakra?
Chakra means ‘wheel’ or ‘disk’ and there are several areas in the body, corresponding to our organs, where the chakras are located. If you were to visualize what a chakra looks like you could imagine these points in the body as areas that emit energy both in front of and behind them.
What can dull your Chakras?
Emotional upsets, trauma of one kind or another, stress, any number of nasty surprises. When a chakra is dull or affected by one thing or another it may display symptoms with the organ or area affected. The heart chakra may express a breakup as heartache, trouble with the root chakra may find its source in trust issues due to financial problems or troubling intimate relationships.
What can I do to clear my Chakras?
One option that is highly effective is a combination of Reiki and Essential oils. Reiki is a great way to clear chakras and when used in conjunction with high quality essential oils (l use the best brand available - Young Living Essential Oils) it can have some powerful results. Essential oils bypass so many of our defense mechanisms and lead straight to our brain stimulating our senses on a deeper level (check out this Lifehacker.com article for more info.)
Quick Guide to Chakras, Locations and Oils
First Chakra/Root Chakra – feeling trust and connection to Nature
· Color Red
· Located at the base of the spine
· Organs that correspond are the kidneys and adrenals
· Essential oils that help include: Cedarwood, Myrrh, and Patchouli
Second Chakra/Sacral Chakra – Sexuality and Emotion
· Color orange
· Located just below the belly button
· Corresponds to the reproductive organs
· Essential oils that help include: Jasmine and Ylang Ylang
Third Chakra/Solar Plexus – Will and power to accomplish our goals
· Color Yellow
· Located at the stomach
· Organs that correspond are the Stomach, Gallbladder, and Liver
· Essential oils include Ginger, Lemon, and Rosemary
Fourth Chakra/Heart Chakra – our expressions of love and compassion
· Color Green
· Located in the chest
· Corresponds to the Heart, Arms and Hands
· Essential oils include Bergamont, Rose and Thyme
Fifth Chakra/Throat Chakra – Speaking our truth and speaking up!
· Color Blue
· Located in the throat
· Corresponds to the lungs and the respiratory system
· Essential oils include Chamomile, Ginger, Lemon and Palmarosa
Sixth Chakra/Third Eye – intuition, and our sixth sense
· Color Indigo
· Located between the eyebrows
· Corresponds to the eyes, head, lower brain and our pituitary gland
· Essential oils include Bay, Clary Sage, and Helichrysm
Seventh Chakra/Crown Chakra – Highest good, intuition, source, spiritual life
· Color Violet
· Located in the crown of the head
· Corresponds to the Brain, Pineal Gland
· Essential oils include Frankincense and Sandalwoo